(Redirected from Hay Bale)
This article is incomplete because it lacks depth or is unfinished. Help by expanding it.
Dealing with hay bales with flakes can be very different than with commercial hay shipped and contained in boxes.
Breaking a bale of hay
- House Rabbit Society, How to not explode a bale of hay
- Rabbit Geek, How To Split A Bale Of Hay
Storing a bale of hay
The most important detail about storing hay is to keep it dry. If any moisture is trapped when storing your hay, it will easily ferment and mold and go bad.
You can often buy bale bags to store an entire or half a bale of hay rather than needing to break it up into smaller trash bags or storage containers. Some bags that are available include the following:
- Derby Originals Hay Bale Bag X-Large 600D Waterproof for California Bales with Leaf & Basket Hand Tooled Leather Accents - 52" x 28" x 20"
- Derby Originals Hay Bale Bag Large 600D Waterproof with Leaf & Basket Hand Tooled Leather Accents - 44" x 20" x 16"
Some resources with more tips are below.
- Guinea Lynx. Storing Hay by the Bale
- Coding with Bunnies. Hay Bale Sources in the SF Bay Area