How much exercise do rabbits need?
Rabbits are recommended to have a minimum of 4 hours of exercise daily.
What happens when rabbits do not get enough exercise?
Rabbits will become obese and may developed muscular, cardiovascular, and skeletal issues from a prolonged sedentary lifestyle.
The following are cases about bunnies that have been rescued from this type of situation:
- The Rabbit Haven, Dora the Sad Brown Dutch
- Rabbit Behaviour, Health and Care, Marit Emilie Buseth, Ten years in a hutch and the effects of a sedentary life
- Susan Brown, DVM. (2012). Rabbits Need Exercise!
- Medirabbit, Kim Chilson, Muscular and skeletal degeneration in rabbits that lack exercise
- Save a Fluff. (n.d.). How much exercise do rabbits need?
- The Bunny Guy. (2012). How Much Play Time Does Your Rabbit Need?
- Bunnyhugga. (2010). Exercise and playtime for rabbits