Some rescues will host an event that helps to socialize your bunny and enrich their lives. Groups of seven or more spayed and neutered rabbits are let loose in a large play area with edibles and toys.
Regardless of location, hoppy hours generally have the same set of rules:
- Rabbits must be fixed. Rescues vary their required minimum time from neuter or spay from 30 days to 3 months.
- Bunnies that have any illness cannot participate for the safety of all rabbits. (e.g. infections, mites, fleas, ringworm, snuffles, GI stasis)
- Only the parents of the bunny and volunteer bunny bouncers may pick up or hold rabbits. However, you can pet any bunny you wish within reach.
- Bunny parents must be there to supervise their bunny at all times.
- The Rabbit Haven, San Jose, CA. A sample event. Admission is $8/rabbit.
- San Diego House Rabbit Society, San Diego, CA. See the events page for the next event. Admission is $10/rabbit.
- The Bunny Bunch. You will need to contact them for dates and times. Hoppy Hours are held in two locations -- Montclair and Fountain Valley, CA.
- Bunnies Urgently Needing Shelter, Santa Barbara, CA. You will need to contact them for dates and times. A sample event. Admission is $10/rabbit.
- Georgia House Rabbit Society, Marietta, GA. See event calendar for dates and times. Admission is $10/rabbit.
- Bunnies United Network, Oak Park, IL. A sample Binky Hour event. Admission is $7/rabbit for BUN members, $10/rabbit for non-members.
- The Charitable Rabbit, Pekin, IL. Check their Facebook events for the next Hoppy Time! They occur approximately once every two months. Admission is $5 for one rabbit, $8 for 2 rabbits, $10 for 3+ bunnies, and $5 for each bunniless observer.
- Minnesota Companion Rabbit Society has Hoppy Hours every other Sunday. They are held in multiple locations -- South St. Paul, Golden Valley, and Minneapolis, MN. Admission is $3/rabbit.
Every other weekend at the Animal Humane Society in Golden Valley, MN, rabbit owners bring their buns for a little social and play time. Put on by the MN Companion Rabbit Society. Started with just a handful of rabbit 8 years ago today and now gets up to a hundred. All rabbits have been fixed and are in good health. A few designated "bouncers" (in the black shirts) monitor behavior and break up fights and humping. I've been attending for about a year and a half now with my rabbits and still love it. Never gets old :) 
- Wisconsin House Rabbit Society, Waukesha, WI. Sample event. Admission is $10/bunny, $5/human without a bunny.
- Wisconsin Humane Society, Milwaukee, WI. Sample event. Admission is $10/bunny, registration limited. See event calendar for dates and times.
- Ventura County Animal Services. (2017). Facebook post
- /u/justinegln, July 19th, 2015.