The following are a few tips to help your bunny through fireworks during the holidays:
- Put your bunnies in their pens so they will not be able to run in panic and crash into things or jump from high places.
- Play some videos, shows, or music so that your bunny can get accustomed to continuous noise, and keep it on during fireworks. A rabbit's hearing is much more acute than ours; they will hear the fireworks but won't be as startled by them.
- Make sure your rabbits have a hiding box handy in which they feel safe so they can hide away as needed.
- Try to feed your buns before the fireworks start so that they have a full stomach and feel more relaxed.
- After fireworks, do a treat test. If they reject it, your rabbit may have a emergency with [GI stasis.](http://bunny.tips/Stasis)
- Georgia House Rabbit Society. (2018). Post on Facebook. Retrieved 31 Jan 2021 from https://www.facebook.com/GeorgiaHouseRabbitSociety/photos/a.127911273905792/1996006747096226/?type=3