Thymomas are tumors that originate from the thymus, a specialized organ of the immune system in the chest cavity.
- Eye bulging (exophthalmus)
- Third eye protusion
- Swelling of the head, neck, or forelimbs
- Abnormally rapid breathing (tachypnea)
- Difficult or labored breathing (dyspnea)
- Widespread scaling of the skin (exfoliative dermatitis)
- Sebaceous adentitis
- The Unusual Pet Vets. (2018). Chest Masses in Rabbits [PDF]
- House Rabbit Society. (2011). Thymomas in Rabbits
- Esther van Praag. Sebaceous adenitis associated to thymoma in rabbits
- PetMD. Lung Tumors and Lung Cancer in Rabbits
- Wildpro. Thymoma and Thymic Lymphoma in Rabbits
The following are a few papers on thymomas.
- Clinician's Brief. (2012). Surgery: Not Ideal for Rabbit Thymoma?
- F. Künzel, et al. (2012). Thymomas in rabbits: clinical evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment.
- D. GuzmanSanchez-Migallon. (2006). Radiation Therapy for the Treatment of Thymoma in Rabbits (Oryctolagus cuniculus)
- James K. Morrisey and Margaret McEntee. (2005). Therapeutic Options for Thymoma in the Rabbits [PDF]
The following are some experiences of rabbit owners with thymoma tumors.
- u/X63914. (2019). Thumper's story
- Dick Vet Rabbit and Exotic Practice. (2016). Booboo
- r/Rabbits. (2015). Update on Nikki, who was diagnosed with lymphoma in October.
- The Scootie Scoop. (2013).
- RabbitsOnline. (2013). Thymoma cancer
- Rabbit Reporter's Warren. (2012). General has Thymoma, Too: Two Buns, One Pet Store
- /somecows/. (2011). Thymoma in Rabbits: Paco’s Story
- Davida Kobler. (2004). A Miracle for Hopnoodle