Trancing rabbits is the action of placing rabbits on their back to induce a paralysis known as tonic immobility or apparent death. The action is also known as the immobility response, hypnosis, or the freeze response.
- Proceedings of the VDWE International Congress on Companion Animal Behaviour and Welfare, E.A. McBride et al., Trancing rabbits: Relaxed hypnosis or a state of fear?
- HopperHome, Hypnotizing or Trancing Rabbits: Not a Calm Experience
- bunnyhugga, Hypnotising or trancing a rabbit by laying it on its back
- Rabbit & Guinea Pig Welfare, Rabbit Facts (search for the word "Trancing".)
- Minnesota Companion Society, Tonia Baxter, Is Your Rabbit Really Sleeping?
- Wildpro, DM. Clipping claws - using hypnosis
- AmSci, Stanley C. Ratner, Hypnotic Reactions of Rabbits
- Wikipedia, Apparent Death
Below are some relevant discussions about rabbit trancing.
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found