While usually rabbit owners are usually more concerned with allergic reactions to their rabbit, rabbits that are sneezing or have red, watery eyes due to their own allergies can also be a concern.
- Red, watery eyes
- Runny nose
A few tips to help with environmental allergies:
- a dose of children's Benadryl as needed to control inflammation and allergy symptoms
- a nearby air purifier
- using less dusty bedding and hay
- removal of all products with strong odors around your rabbit including chemical air fresheners, cleaning products, and smoke
- The Rabbit Advocate. (2008). Question from the Audience: Allergies
- Rabbit Hole Hay. Allergies: What Are Rabbits Sensitive To?